National Memorial Day 2018 Parades:- Every year the whole country goes colourfull in the celebration of the Decoration Day. People go see Parades and ceremonies in the nearby cemeteries and monuments. Veterans are awarded medals and honoured in these ceremonies. Some people come and listen to these inspirational stories and speeches of the veterans and these families. This shows a good way to connect with the sentiment of dying for the country.
Read; Memorial Day 2018 Images
Memorial Day 2018 Parades
It takes a lot of courage and a spirit to sacrifice yourself for something greater than men. Throughout the country majestic Memorial Day Parades are organised. They are one of the major attraction on Memorial Day in the United States of America. Schools, Universities, corporate offices, Veteran and Military Organisations, Band groups, Churches and Motorcycle Groups participate in these Memorial Day Parades. We have compiled a list of 7 best Memorial Day Parade to visit for you in the United States of America.
- Chicago:- The unofficial start of summer looks beautiful in Chicago. The City holds one of the oldest and Grandest Memorial Day Parade.
Every year a Grand Marshal is appointed here to honour veterans. He is also given a privilege to swear new recruits. The Parade starts at Daley Plaza and ends at Van Buren street. More than 10000 people join the Parade every year and millions of spectators watch the Parade from streets and home.
- Gettysburg:– In State of Pennsylvania The Gettysburg National Cemetery was established to bury the martyrs of the Battle of Gettysburg 1863. Here President Lincoln gave his speech and honoured the Veterans. The Parade is organised by Civil War Living History Groups and many other federal and Military organisations.
- Queens, New York:– The Little Neck-Douglaston Parade is one of the largest Parade in the United States of America.
- Washington D.C.– Holds and organise many events on the occasion of Memorial Day. Parades, Motor Cycle road Shows, Memorial Day Concert at District Capitol, War Museum and Art exhibitions are the things that you can do in Washington DC on Memorial Day.
- Brooklyn:– Has been hosting Memorial Day Parades for more than 150 years. The Bay Ridge Memorial’s Day Parade in King’s County starts at 11 am from 87 street and 3rd Avenue in Bay Ridge Area. All Civilians and federal Employees are welcome to attend Memorials
- Atlanta:– Atlanta is very vibrating and colourful when it comes to Memorial Day celebration. There are tons of fun things to do in Atlanta on Memorial Day. If you belong to a veteran family then the best place for you is Stone Mountain Park. They have a week of activities including Patriotic and Jazz music concerts.
- Boston:– The Warmth of new summer is the best time to visit and spend Memorial Day Weekend in Boston. One can go to Massachusetts Military Heroes Garden hosts a Flag of Garden Ceremony commemorating more than 37000 war heroes.